A Don't Eat Item

Indy, the poor sombrero pup, writes:

HELLO MEESHKA,

I READ YOUR LATEST BLOG ENTRY AND HAD TO SHARE A HOLIDAY SNACK I TRIED LAST CHRISTMAS. Oh sorry, I forgot about the caps lock...

The humans did the strangest thing - they brought a real tree into the living room and hung brightly colored things all over it. They put lots of new decorations up around the house. One morning the male human stayed home from work. He was in the bathroom and I began my morning house inspection, as is my duty. I found this shallow glass bowl of brightly colored leaves, pinecones and berries on the coffee table, and it smelled so good! Of COURSE I had to taste it, it smelled so delicious. Well, the male human came out and yelled "NO, STOP THAT!" and took the stuff away. My tummy felt a little funny, but I was okay. I did notice that later that night when the male human took me out to answer nature's call that it smelled like the leaves and berries and pinecones. The male human seemed to find it quite funny, but the peices of pinecone did NOT feel good coming out! So I won't be trying any of that stuff again!

Indy

Potpouri is mentioned as a no-no for eating, and I would imagine that not only pine cone passing would be a good reason, but also the stinky stuff the humans put on it to make it smell like a forest (trust us, that's not what a real forest smells like, and we should know, we have 7 yards of smell buds in our noses), can't be too healthy either. If you want your house to smell like a real forest, I would suggest adding some dead, decaying things like a dead squirrel in your basket of pretty smelly things. We'd enjoy that a lot more!

Oh, and those trees they kill and put in the house once a year when the snow falls... nice to pee on, we really appreciate that, especially when its really nasty and cold outside, so thank you!

Comments