Only One More to Go

I wanted to honor the husky who came before me
Who taught the humans all about huskies.
Who ripped the arm off of a loveseat.
Who shredded a brand new dog bed when they could barely afford to eat.
Who ripped back 5 foot of wall to wall carpet in a rented townhouse
Who riccocheted off the backs of couches,
Who leapt straight up in the air
Who made a little groan before settling in for the night, like me
Who was born the day before the day I was born, and died a month before I was born

Nakidka "Nikki"















I wanted to honor the old guy-guy Nova, who taught me right from wrong, and played chase with me, and let me have everything I wanted, and taught me to be the one to watch out for everyone else, including the humans.




And to all of those huskies out there that have good, loving homes, and those who need good loving homes.

This was for all of you

Meeshka

Comments

  1. Well said Meeshka ! You have done a wonderful job with the Blogathon - I bow down to you Meeshka, her Royal Fluffiness !
    One to go buddy then you can get some well deserved rest.
    Love
    opy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:50 AM

    Meesha you rock.

    I think i'm in love

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm embarassed to say that I just woke up. Stretch, yawn... Amazing how you hung in there through the night. I hope you get a big summer snow storm that shuts everything down for five days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Meeshka, you made me get all misty-eyed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment