Siberian Husky Vocabulary


Meeshka Flop
Originally uploaded by Shmoomeema.
Well, the humans have been blabbing about trying to understand our vocabulary again. I tried to explain it once, but apparently they just don't get it.

We don't listen to EVERYTHING they say, just the key words. Humans have this whole annoying yammer thing going on. I swear, what it takes us one or two words to get across, they go on and on and on and on and on....

and on.

Us: woof= hey, stop sniffing my butt, that's rude
Us: wooooo = give me your sandwich, you're too fat anyway and I'm starving.

The humans just go on and on about stuff, so we've learned to pick up key words to pay attention to, or ignore.

Pay attention words:
food
out
car
play
treat
ice cream

Ignore words:
come
stay
sit
down
stop
drop
leave
anything other than the attention words.

So, if a human says:
Lets go in the car and get anything but ice cream

We hear:
car, ice cream which means we're going in the car to get ice cream

Human says: I want you to jump over this fence thing for no reason other than I'll give you a treat on the other side.

We hear:
treat which means we're getting a treat

Some humans try to speak our language and they have NO idea what they're saying, but its pretty funny.

human: "woooo"
translation: I peed on my head and want a cookie

Human: "woof"
translation: I rolled in a dead bird so lets play in my food bowl

This should explain to the humans why we always have that bemused look on our faces and cock our heads when they try to speak our language.

Meeshka
(past my bedtime, where's my cookie, or: wooo woo woo)

Comments

  1. Yeah, my Human said Woo-oooooooooo tonight. We had a big laugh at her expense tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! My sister Dakota also knows "dinner" and "hungry." She is very food-oriented. I know the word "poo-poo."

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is one more translation:

    Humans: Noooooooooooo!

    Dogs: Too late. But that was fun, wasn't it? Let's do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...my human pet has been watching a lot of Dog Whisperer, and that Caesar guy seems to have a handle on how you fellow canines communicate. Any thoughts on him by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lets see, there is also -get back here = run away faster, I know -eat-, get out of there = you got caught and to bo back later, and my favorite, not for you...which I don't understand because EVERYTHING is for me! If they don't want me to have something they need to say Leave it, I know that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA HA HA HAAA

    I love this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment