Cat-O-Lympics - Competitive Napping



Although a very competitive field, the Gimpy Gang professional napping team is taking on that challenge.

Huffle (the honorary husky and valuable HULA member) will be judging the competitive napping competition this weekend, and I truly expect that the judging will be fair, and Huffle will in no way be swayed by my Queen-ness, or the power I hold in my paw... or any other vague threats and posturing... she will be very fair.

So, here are my entries into the Competitive Napping competition. May the best... whatever... win.


Best use of space demonstration: This freestyle napping method shows how three huskies can take up every bit of space on a couch. In earlier competition we were dinged 1 point for lack of tail use on the part of Nova, who tucked his tail instead of extending it, thus leaving a potential breach in continuity.








Proper use of bumpy space routine: This is a very complicated precision movement, as the participants are required to conform to the space, no matter what impediment is in the bed. Extra points for using the impediment as a pillow.









Three Point Sprawl: This technique is complicated, as it requires the napper to contort in such a way as to: hold up a wall, and point body parts in three different directions. This would have been counted as a four point sprawl had the tail been pointed in another direction, but is a dangerous move and has caused injury.










Conform to a shape: This is an especially difficult test, as the participants are provided with a small shape that they must conform to that shape without any parts extending past the shape. Please note how I manage to put my snooter as close to the edge of the sheet as possible without going over. We won the gold in this event at the Regional competition, and this win enabled us to participate in the Cat-O-Lympics.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the info, Meeshka's human! My husband was not in the military, but he was on Social Security. Fortunately for me, he waited to die until just after I turned 60, thus entitling me to at least SOMETHING! I guess I will find out on Monday. Maybe there are some advantages to being OLD!

    BTW, you should definitely win the competition in competitive napping! Great job of taking up as much space as possible!

    Aire-hugs,
    Poppy, Penny & Patches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes! The competition is FIERCE! You guys make it look so easy, but so complex -- all at the same time! You Sibes are awesome competitors! I am honored to even be in the same event as you!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - we thought that this was the olympics and professional, er, athletes were not allowed to compete (unless it is basketball or hockey, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HaRooooo! I don't think we kin efen enter dat competition! Woo guys got da Gold!

    Husky kisses,
    Biloxi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your entry, Queen Meeshka. I have a feeling you're going to do very well in this competition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woosers! We entered too, but looking at these, I don't think we don't have a snowball's chance in H-e-double hockey-sticks of winning! Woo pups are AWESOME!!!

    snoozie a-roos to yous,
    jack a-roo & moo too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew this competition was going to be tough, but with you all in it.....what's a puppy to do?

    Khady Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are real athletes. You must train a lot. That three point sprawl! Wow! I am afraid to try such an advanced move myself lest I pull a muscle.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  9. All solid entries! I wouldn't stand a chance against the experts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi my name is Remington. I hope we can be friends! I love all of your pics! You will win!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment