The Great Escape

The other day, as usual, we were hanging out (napping) in our crates waiting for the Human Woman to come home and feed us lunch.

Spineless Bionic Hip/Knee Sam decided he wanted to sleep on his cushy Serta Perfect Sleeper dog bed.

He really wanted to nap there.

He had enough, he planned his escape, which consisted of pushing open his crate's side door that hadn't been properly latched.


I would like to file a formal complaint in that the Mutatoe and my crates are boxed in and we can't use our emergency side escape hatches.

He then walked around and gloated about his newfound freedom before plooping his creaky butt down on his big cushy dog bed, flaunting his comfort.

This is how the Human Woman found him.

To her credit, she started checking the side door, so he's stuck like the rest of us.

- Meeshka

Comments

  1. Just the other night, after we had all been tucked into bed (ok, locked in our crates), Kiska came padding in to visit the hu-dad. Either she picked the lock or he failed to check her door. Maybe this is a contagious issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Sam! I haven't figured out how to undo my crate door. Yet. This morning, I did figure out how to swing open the gate in front of the bedroom door!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Sam! Its just not right to keep a boy from his comfy bed!

    ~Jack & Moo

    ReplyDelete
  4. EONS ago when my silly human would khrate me in the morning, The Doggy Nanny khame down to find me not in it

    :-)

    Fast furward to present -

    My khrate is no longer at this address!

    Skhore one fur ME!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  5. EONS ago when my silly human would khrate me in the morning, The Doggy Nanny khame down to find me not in it

    :-)

    Fast furward to present -

    My khrate is no longer at this address!

    Skhore one fur ME!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would have been wiser if you had snuck back IN the crate just before the humans found you, Sammy. Then they'd be none the wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam had it made for a day. But guess he's back where he "belongs".

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's a clever one!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment