New Hula Member: Sitka


Dear sweet, beautiful and fluffy Meeshka….

Please accept my formal application for membership into HULA, also known as the Husky United Liberation Army. Below is my list of qualifications for your review.

Hugs, Sitka
http://macondawgswife.blogspot.com/

1. Demonstrating disruptive behavior: I have several tricks up my sleeve. One that I am doing right this minute… mom and dad are on the sofa watching TV. Since I don’t believe that is something they should be doing at the moment, I stand up on my back feet, put my front feet in their lap and put my mouth over their hand. Then, I tilt my head to the side and woo woo or bark at them. Don’t they know that I have to give them permission to do something? One other thing is the total destruction to the window seals to my house. You can check out pictures at this link to my blog - http://macondawgswife.blogspot.com/2007/02/old-destruction.html.

2. Cause your human to freak out for no real reason: I really don’t see anyone as a threat! I think everyone is my friend. But sometimes, I go to the front windows and bark violently. My parents jump up and run to see what is going on wondering what in the world I could be seeing outside. Wanna know what they typically what they see when they get there… a rabbit, chipmunk, birds, the welcome banner mom has in the front yard, joggers, another dog being walked by their human… you catch my drift, right?

3. Cause human guilt for no reason, other than to get attention or treats: Oh… one example will be when the parents leave for work in the morning. They put me in my “crate” – the kitchen! Now… most sibes and non-sibes would see that as an opportunity to counter surf, but I don’t. It is my den… Anyroo.. back to the example… When they leave in the morning, they always look at me through the window and tell me they love me. So, what do I do? I normally give them the sad face. Hang the head low and cocked to one side. Perhaps squint the eyes a bit… it is all about making them feel guilty for leaving me. I mean, why can’t I go to that work place too? So, either mom will come back inside for one more kiss or hug before leaving work or will stand there on the otherside of the door and talk to me for a few more minutes.

4. Destroy something: Does my mom’s nose count? I really did not mean to do it, but a few years ago, it was cold and icy outside. It was before mom got that fence thing, so I went out on a leash. Well, as mom was taking her first step down the 5 steps off the deck and I bolted because I was so excited that it was icy outside. In turn, that sent mom flying down the stairs…missing every one of them (I might add), and hitting the ground smack on her face!! She grabbed my leash, as she had let go of it in the air (and I was so worried about her that I did not run when I realized I was free, I stayed by her side), and we went back inside. Mom got the phone, called 911 for an ambulance… and 2 surgeries on her nose later and about $10,000 in medical bills (thankfully paid by insurance), mom’s nose is good as new! Other less expensive items include: removing squeakers from toys, destuffing toys, ripping comforters, attempting to chew through the seatbelt in the car to get in the front seat, a nice expensive dog bed (for some reason the humans didn’t buy me anymore of those), wrapping paper on Christmas morning (check this link for a picture of me laying in the wrapping paper goodness - http://macondawgswife.blogspot.com/2007/01/my-fur-kids.html)

5. Human Behavior Modification: Yeah, I would have to say the lack of sleep in the morning is my best modification yet! Before me… on Saturday mornings, the parents would sleep till 8:30 sometimes even 9:30. Nope, not anymore! Saturday morning – NO later than 7:45 a.m. BUT… once every few months, I do let them sleep until 8:30 a.m. (like this past Saturday morning). Coupled with that is when we are upstairs in bed and I have gotten to hot to stay on the bed. I get on the floor for a bit. Then, I walk over to dad’s side of the bed and jump up putting my front paws on the bed and look at him. That is my nice way of asking to go outside J And the grand thing about it is I HAVE THE HUMANS TRAINED!!!

6. Being dressed up as something for the humor of the humans: I really don’t get dressed up in anything. I have a love of bandanas (but that is not for the benefit of humor of my parents). The one thing that Mom did that really made me upset…. She found an old dance tutu at her dance studio and brought it home. Yes.. you know where this is going, don’t you? She put it around my neck, brought my front feet through and around my waist it went! Sadly, she did not take pictures, but I was clearly humiliated!! I jumped, twisted, turned, barked, and grabbed that darn tutu in my mouth and started ripping it to get it off of me. All my mom and dad did was laugh at me. Oh the shame…

7. Love of Kleenex: Oh now… this is something that I can not pass up. If a paper towel or Kleenex is used and put on the coffee table for a mere second… if the time is right, I nab it! Before you know it, it is in millions of pieces! Mom catches me too soon for me to be able to eat it… but shredding it sure is fun!


Welcome to the HULA Hoop Sitka!

Meeshka

Comments

  1. Way to go Sitka!! More bright examples of spectacular Husky behavior!!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:18 AM

    Woo Woo - Thanks Meeshka for allowing me to become a member!

    Thanks Holly! I aim to do my best in destruction and behavior modification :)

    Hugs, Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitka is TOO cool!!
    Thrawn from The Brat Pack

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment