The Gimpies Get it All


I’m sure everyone will be pleased to know that the gimpy Xia (who is getting all of my hard earned blogging money) has come through her surgery and the prognosis is good for a long non-gimpy life for her. I’m sure she’ll be flaunting that plate in her leg for years, limping randomly for attention, and acting all pathetic for treats.

Bionic Hip Spineless Sammy is not impressed with her simple plate in the leg trick. He was pretty offended actually that she would be lumped into the whole gimpy realm because of it. Something about not having enough metal or having actual body parts taken out to qualify for true gimpy. I think he’s going to try to start his own group of gimpies soon. I kept telling him that we healthy and fluffy huskies would simply turn on a huge magnet and thwart their plans for gimpy world domination. He’s pondering an anti-magnet strategy now. Hopefully he won’t hurt himself trying to think that through.

I’m so pleased with the sponsors for blogathon. I have a lot of good blogging to do that night, and gee, no pressure for me to perform and entertain what with being the high fund raiser and all... eesh. I think I just started shedding some fluff from all the stress. Don’t worry, I plan on having the human woman gather it all up and put it in little plastic bags to send to all of the sponsors.

I’m going to toy with everyone tonight and not post a prize, it’ll have to be a surprise for tomorrow, but I’ll make sure its worth the wait.

Meeshka

Comments

  1. I am sure glad Xia is going to be fine! She sure deserves to find a great home.

    I too have a wired together leg. I guess that qualifies me as a gimpy too. I have a permanant limp from it cuz my bone did not grow as long as the one in my other leg. But I do get around just fine.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen Meeshka!!!

    We get MEESHKA FLUFF!!!! Did Doodles read that right??? MEESHKA FLUFF and a WHOLE BAG FULL??? I shall treasure it forever!!! You've made Doodles sooooo happy!!!!

    woowowoowwwwooooooooooooo!!!!

    Doodles Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meeshka, there's been lots of gimpy talk around here too. We healthy and fluffy huskies need to stick together.

    Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:02 PM

    I am so glad that Xia is home and is ready to start her recovery. I am sorry that you are having a stressful day. If it makes you feel any better, I just received a bath! Complete torture. It was the 3rd of my life and I did not like it. I was actually better than mom thought I would be, but I still voiced my displeasure from time to time.
    hugs,
    Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're so happy to hear that Xia will be fine. Mom is saving her pennies so that she can give us more to add to amount that we pledged.

    Tasha will also set off a metal detector. She has a plate in her leg from her TPLO surgery.

    Belly rubs,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meeshka, please stop by my blog today to accept your Rockin' Dog Blogger award and thanks for all your help and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're really happy to hear about Xia. I'm still trying to figure out what you're going to talk about for all those hours, I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

    Thrawn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment