International Lazy Day


Meeshka on Lazy Day
Originally uploaded by Shmoomeema.
I'm officially declaring today as International Lazy Day!

What makes this day any different than any other day where we all lay around and do a lot of nothing? Well, because I'm declaring it an official day, that's what makes it different.

The rule of the day is: lay around. Only do what is necessary to survive such as eat, poo, claw your human. Put on your best lazy, sprawl, curl-up, wallow look.

I'm mainly declaring it a "day" because I had a rough night last night. Not only did the humans go out for a long time, came back late, then had the nerve to smell like other dogs, but there was a storm last night.

3 a.m. (or so the human woman declared when I clawed her awake) a storm with a lot of rain came blowing in, along with the evil thunder. I dutifully woke the human woman up so we could sleep in the room that we're not allowed in (where Uncle Jack sleeps, except he's not here yet).



She took Loki and I out, because she was not aware, or coherent at the time and just thought I needed to pee, and discovered that it was indeed pouring rain. I managed to run under the house overhang and pee, and skitter back inside before the evil thunder came out. Then upstairs all wet, where I clawed the human man for good measure before hiding in the room we're not allowed in. Loki goes in there too, don't know why, other than he hogs the whole bed. Sam then spreads out on the comfy bed in the human's room and falls asleep. I pant and pace until the danger is over.



Since my beauty sleep was interupted last night by the loud storm, I feel its only fair that the rest of the dog world gets to be lazy today as well.

Happy International Lazy day!

Meeshka
(turning over so I don't mat my fluffiness)

Comments

  1. Oh, good! We have a reason to lay around and do nothing but sleep and poo and eat when Mom puts out dinner. When asked, we will tell everyone we are following our future leader of the free world.

    Roxie, Sammy & Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doodles must have known it was International Lazy Day cuz I'm busy being a couch potato today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's raining here today so I am going to be a lazy dog too. Just started my blog and found you while looking around for other snow dogs. I see you tagged some of your friends sites, I want to do that but I don't know how. Going to go see what I can find out. I want to tag all the snow dogs so we can have one big pack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is suuucchhh hard work alerting our families to danger and they SO don't appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Lazy Day! I need one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment