Thank You Everyone

I just wanted to spend a little time to thank everyone for staying up all night with me (since the human woman was nearly worthless in this whole endeavor) and keeping me awake and entertained so that I could help a really good rescue continue to do some really good work.

Thanks to everyone that sponsored me, Harnessed to Hope Northern Breed Rescue will get some much needed funds to not only pay in full on Xia's much needed surgery, but to help other dogs find good, loving, caring homes where their humans don't blow all sorts of money on cookies and ice cream.

I hope you will be able to join them on 5 August 2007 and hear Karen Ramstead speak, she's truly an inspiration, and she loves all of her dogs with all of her heart.

If you are in the Pennsylvania area, I also hope that you can come out and participate in the first annual Hike N Howl! Three area rescues are teaming together to help homeless huskies and northern breeds find good homes, educate people, and just have a fun time. There is no admission fee to get into this fun fest, just bring your well behaved leashed dog of any breed, shape, size, or furriness and come join us. If you raise a certain amount of pledges for the hike, then you get a goodie bag. Its going to be really cool, with prizes and demonstrations, food, and fun.

HTHNBR will also be at events in Maryland, PA, NJ, and DE throughout the year, so if you get a chance, check out their calendar and stop by and see them, they'd love to meet you and thank you in person for your generosity.

I have one more post after this, and then I'll be leaping onto the sleep number (I'm a 25, who cares what the human woman is), stay tuned for the last post of Blogathon 2007.

Meeshka

Comments

  1. I'll see you at the hike!

    -Kelsey Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish I lived closer cuz I would love to come meet Karen and go to the hike and meet all those other cool husky bloggers!

    You have done a fabulous job Meeshka! As always! Be sure you sleep right on the human womans head and wake her up since she left you all alone to do this by yourself!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:33 AM

    Woo Meeshka! Wow, I can't believe in 30 min it will be over. You have done a great job in keeping US entertained. Way to go. You just put the seal on all of that money you raised for Harnessed to Hope :) Woo HOO!
    Hugs,
    Sitka and Tia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meeshka,
    I wanted to thank you and your human woman for all you have done for Xia. Right now, it looks like Xia has found her fur ever home right here with Dakota and I. There's one or two more things to iron out, but everyone is very happy and helpful at HTH, and I can't tell you how thrilled I am at the prospect of welcoming this little sweetie home.
    You are a pilar of the Husky community, and we will continue to look to you as we venture in to the multiple Husky arena....
    Now, if you would just explain to me this HULA thing, I think we're good to go!!

    Best wishes, and thank you again for everything,
    The Mom (Joni)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you see Xia's pictures from the event she was at yesterday? It's on HTH's foster dog blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ony one more to go, Meeshka. Great job! We are so proud to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna try to get my mom to bring us!

    Sorry we tanked on you - she tried to set her cell alarm so we could pop back sooner but her hu-mom fingers didn't do it right -

    Next year we'll do better for you our Queen!

    Xia thanks you!

    AND WE THANK YOU TOO!

    HUGS,

    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on You, Meeshka! Not that there was ever any doubt that you would make it, even having to work around your lazy sleeping humom. Wish we could join you for the upcoming events, unfortunately it's a long way for us in FL. Please tell the Harnessed to Hope folk from me and my pack, that if they ever have any extra puppies that need a good home, they can bring them to our house. Mom & Dad both say 4 is enough, but once you have more than 2, it gets easier & easier to convince them... "Oh come on, what's one more". Besides, they're such suckers for our beautiful faces, wonderful furriness, and distinct personalities, they can never say "no" to a new pack member, especially one that seems to be in need of a good home. After all, that's how I came to be the queen of this pack! Dad made a token effort to resist, but mom was firm that she would not leave that flea-ridden market unless I went with her. It was either adopt me as his newest furkid, or start shopping for another wife, (and who else but mom would put up with his own addiction to husky fur, the nightly pack howlalongs, his inability to leave the house for any reason other than work or shopping to feed US, and the claw?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!!! Meeshka, this was our first blogathon ever. It has been great. I must admit we napped a bit here and there. It is such a wonderful thing you do.
    Kodo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:56 AM

    Hey, good morning. 4 minutes to sleepytime. Congratulations! Thanks for hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, doggone it, what a coincidence! My hu-mom is going to be driving from Ohio to RI, and stopping overnight at a hotel only 65 miles from Jim Thorpe, PA! Unfortunately we probably won't be getting there till closer to 8 pm, so I guess we'll miss Karen, but I'll howl extra loud & maybe some other huskies in the area will her me & howl back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment