What It Takes To Prepare For Blogathon


I’m sure most of you are aware that preparing for Blogathon takes months and months of napping, sleeping and generally lounging around, but the night before is always very stressful for me. I barely get any sleep because I’m thinking of all of the things that I’ll be blogging about, and freaking out that I won’t have time to get it all in, and what if I forget something.

Because of my nap schedule, and my scratching down of ideas on the carpet, I told the human woman to go out and go buy us snacks and goodies for eating during the 24 hours. I gave her a very specific list of needs for me, and told her to get whatever she wanted, as long as it didn’t cost a whole lot.

She dutifully goes out with my list and comes back and what does she drag back?
Human cookies, human chips, ice cream, sodas, snack bars, cereal bars, and one tiny bag of goldfish crackers for me.

Are you kidding me? Where are the bully sticks I asked for, and what about those cool chipped rawhide things with the peanut butter and jelly filling? Where’s my frosty paws? What happened to the tasty beef-a-roni sticks? Sure I like chips and cookies, but she was all like “oooh no, those are mine, you can’t eat those, they’re human food”. So where’s my stuff? She claimed that she couldn’t read my claw scratched list.

She even had the gall to complain about the fact that there were no Malomars. Are you kidding me? She got Pinwheels, which are the faux version of Malomars and substandard to the precious Malomars, but apparently they don’t make Malomars in the summer because they melt or something (as if refrigeration was beyond human concept during shipping), so all they had were the Pinwheels, and the Pinwheels don’t have the perfect chocolate to cookie to marshmallow ratio in them like Malomars do... on and on and on and now I know waaaay too much about these cookies that I can’t even eat.

So, once again, she got everything she wanted for Blogathon, and I’m stuck with a bag of goldfish crackers. Not that goldfish crackers aren’t tasty and all, but still, I was looking forward to some frosty paws around midnight or so, just a nice cold treat to help keep me awake. heaving sigh.

Meeshka
(can I have some water with these crackers?)

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:33 AM

    Totally unexceptable that you did not get what you asked for. Hey, I am very interested in the "cool chipped rawhide things with the peanut butter and jelly filling". can you provide more info on what these yummy sounding things are and where to get them???
    Hugs,
    Sitka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered if Malomars are manufactured by some enterprising Malamutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds pretty close to just getting bread and water.....is she holding you captive too?

    -Kelsey Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you didn't get the right treats. You're doing all the work, where does your human woman get the idea that she needs snacks?

    Steve

    PS. How are you getting your posts to show the exact time you push publish? Ours shows the time we started typing so it doesn't look like we're publishing on the half hour. We'd ask our Mom, but she's not as smart as you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you didn't mean to bed educational but you taught my Mom something. She didn't know any of that stuff about Molomars and even googled it to learn more and get a picture. That summer thing sounds like a cop-out to me ... those cookie people just must take the summer off for vacation. I hope they take their dogs with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't your human woman know that it takes lots of goodies to power up for a long race?
    And do tell more about those peanut butter rawhide chips........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harumph! Do they honestly expect you to stay fueled up for this thing on CRACKERS? Did they at least get some CrackWhiz to go with?
    Send the human man on a shopping mission for all the goodies she "forgot"!
    There's plenty of time to go get you those Frosty Paws for midnight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment