Gotcha Day and Photos

 Yesterday was my "gotcha day" as Bleeder calls it. One year ago I was ripped from my cosy home, separated from my mom and siblings, driven to Merryland and made my home with Bleeder and Toast.


Then
Now

My how time flies in dog years.

I thought that the reason B & T were trying to play with me a lot was part of the anniversary celebration. B held my new chewbone for me in the lazy way that she does.


Then we all went out and played toss/tug with my favorite toy that I'm not allowed to play with inside... something about swinging it wildly near a very expensive TV. 


I was distracted by flying geese

Then they put my harness on me and I thought "OOOH we're going for a ride or walk!" Every time they take me out front, I expect a car ride. Sometimes we just go for a walk, which is good too, but I REALLY love car rides, so I just automatically head for the car hoping we're going for a ride... this time, I got to go for a ride! I helped Toast navigate, even though I didn't know exactly where we were going.

10 and 2 on the wheel, nice form Toast

We went to some place called Annapolis and once we got there, we walked around some parking lot for a while. It was pretty hot, and seeing how I've been having some gastro problems from eating things I shouldn't be eating in the yard (what exactly is a "trash panda", because that's what they keep calling me and I feel that it isn't a nice thing), they kept insisting that I "go poopy" before I entered the building. Bleeder also encouraged me to pull on the harness on the concrete, something about filing my razor sharp talons down a bit. 

Once I did my business and got some water and seemed a bit calmed down, we went into a building and I got to meet the nicest guy! He had a lovely bowl of fresh bottled water ready for me, and scritched me in all the right places. I didn't even jump up on him, I was the best behaved pupper in all of Merryland (much to the shock of Bleeder and Toast). His name was David and he's a photographer, one of the best, according to B&T. He has photographed all of the puppers on the wall of our house and pretty soon, I will adorn that wall as well, although the wall is pretty full so I get to be on my own wall above Bleeder's computer, which I think is fitting.

Anyway, I digress. David allowed me to sniff everything in the reception area, and there were some very lovely sniffs in there. All sorts of sniffs. Then we went back into the dark photography area and I got to inspect everything in there while the three of the humans discussed all things photography and gave me some time to get used to the strange fabric wall/floor thing, all of the strange lights things, and reflector things, and the other things. There were so many things to sniffs.

I got some water, and some cookies and sniffed while they talked, then I got to go outside and pee again. The only room I couldn't thoroughly sniffs was the office area because Bleeder said that was rude, but I tried several times. Then we all gathered in the photography room again and this time I had to sit in between B & T and look at David, which I did, but then a flash went off and I was kind of "I'm not sure about that crap", so I got a cookie and the flash went off a few more times to get me used to the flash and then it was all, meh. So after more bribes and sitting, sometimes I'd lay down, but I'd always lay down with my back to the flash thing, which apparently isn't how you do it. We would take some breaks to allow David to show B & T the photos he had captured. Apparently B & T were the problem, sometimes their glasses slid down, or they were moving. I, on the other hand, am very photogenic and looked gorgeous in all of the photos.

I started to get bored and we all know what happens when a husky gets bored, so we moved the gear outside to a little piece of grassy area. I, of course, found lots of things to gnaw on... once again the "trash panda" reference. We sat in the grass for a bit while more photos were taken and around this time I had enough, and apparently so did David because we milled around looking at the results... well, Toast did, I was dragging Bleeder around looking for interesting things to not be able to eat, and then we went back inside, said our good-byes and we drove home.

It was EXHAUSTING.


I was so tired that I fell asleep on Bleeder and she ate ice cream without me even knowing. ICE CREAM!


Apparently we will wait a bit and then go watch a presentation of all of the pictures once David fixes the little glitches, and by little glitches I mean human imperfections because I'm perfect, and then choose the pictures we'll have printed/framed.

So, if you are EVER in Annapolis, you must make an appointment with David Anderson and have him take your photo! He also has tasty treats that he bribes you with. Of course, once mine is ready I will share the results with you. I can't wait!

Comments

  1. And when we saw your working hard helping Toast pilot The T, we thought they were returning you to DaBreeder ;-)

    H&K&W,
    Willow and Phyll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool adventure! Can't wait to see your photogenic self!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment