The Art of Grub


Well, the rain finally quit, so the ground is the perfect grub digging consistency. Nice and soft, very muddy, and perfect for digging.

The best grub hole is a narrow hole, one just large enough to shove your entire face into. Any larger and the mutant gimpy brothers will get the grub, and just the right size where the human woman will step into it on a dark night while chasing us inside and break her ankle. Its all in the future planning as well.

So, you dig a narrow trench and then you have to stuff your entire face into the ground. This is important so that you can smell the grub in the ground. If you don't smell the grub, then you know you already pushed it out and expect to turn around and see Loki eating the grub you worked so hard to dig out. Be very careful while digging, and inspect the hole frequently.

Once you've reached the grub, take it to a spot and eat it at your leisure... cuz they're tasty.

So, other than grubbing, I didn't do a whole lot today. Mostly just napped, and we did get some crate time while the humans went out and did their silly human things. They've started giving us some sort of new chewy treat which is chewy, and tasty. Its another one of those teeth cleaning treats, which is fine with me, as long as its tasty.

After the whole taking away of squeeky toys last night, the human woman surprised me. Its so very infrequent that she does surprise me, but I hold out hope for her. The mutant gimpy dogs were outside, and I (as usual) was perched at the top of the stairs refusing to go out. Instead of scolding me and trying to get me to go out, she opened up the closet door and got out a squeeky and then proceeded to throw it down the hall for me.

While normally I don't "retrieve" things that are thrown, I took this rare opportunity to practice my prance, stomp, grab, shake, and kill technique on the squeeky toy. It was great fun, although tiring, and I could hear the gimpy boys outside banging on the door to come in and join me in the fun... but they weren't allowed. It was all about ME!

After about 10 tosses, I felt that my technique was now down to an art form, and didn't feel the need to attack it anymore. I told the human woman that she could put it away, as I was done with it. Loki sniffed my mouth and recognized the squeeky. boy was he jealous.

Meeshka
(Queen of the squeeky)

Comments

  1. Wish we had tasty grubs around here. I've been digging alot of holes lately and coming up with nothin'. Aren't squeekys the best? I have Sherman trained to keep his paws off, period. He know I would rip his face off if he messed with MY squeekys! Sounds like you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meeska,

    Grubs. I like voles! Never had a grub. My secretary and his male puppy human had grubs when they were in Peru. They said they tasted kinda nutty and took a reeealll\y long time to chew and swallow. What do your grubs taste like?

    Woofs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We keep digging for them but all we're coming up with is earthworms, which are good, but somehow we know the grubs are far better! We will keep looking, especially since it annoys the lady so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with the squeeky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meeshka, You look like you're getting a mud facial there. ;)

    ~ fufu

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the dried worms on the sidewalk. Less work... except to drag mom over to them before she knows what I'm doing.
    Luv, Dave
    PS: Mom still has "The Safety Dance" stuck in her head. I thought you'd want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like dried worms too. I found a dried frog once but I wasn't allowed to eat is so I can't report on it's taste. Meeshka, I can tell you are your mom's favorite by the way. But I think you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ew...Meeshka...I gotta tell ya...grubs sound nasty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment