I Eat Everything

 My name is Casey and I eat everything.

When I say everything, I mean everything. 

Most huskies like to rip things up, like paper, and paper towels, and toys, and balls, and sticks, and leaves, and stuffed animals ... that's making me hungry. I like to do that too, except I eat them.

Bleeder and Toast say I'm not normal. I'll turn my nose up at gourmet carefully prepared foodables with gravy, and go out and eat a huge stick, or some grass, or that tasty hornet.

I'll rip my toys up, and try to eat them. Anything on the ground... fair game and edible.

See this soccer ball... I ate it

Some will say "oh, she has to have some kind of dietary thing or blah blah blah", nope, I just eat things that are tasty to me. I'll eat a full bowl of food and go out and snack on a stick. It's fun to crunch on and heck, while i'm at it, IMMA GONNA EAT IT. I'll rip up paper towels and eat them. That paper packaging that comes in the boxes that contain new toys for me... rip up and eat it.

The other day I must have eaten something that didn't agree with me and I horka'd my entire lunch. Bleeder said "of course this won't teach you not to eat things in the yard", as I'm trying to eat my reheated lunch. She stopped me and cleaned it up. Perfectly good lunch... gone.

Then for dinner I got some sort of bland rice concoction. Seriously, what is this mess? It was actually tasty and I ate it and kept it down, but it was just a small portion. They said I'd get more in an hour if I kept it down, but an hour in dog time is like 7 hours, so I felt the need to take matters into my own hands and look on the OHMYGODGETOFFTHEOVEN, and GETOFFTHECOUNTERSBADDOGBADDOG. I was so desperate that I started licking Toast's shirt because he's kind of a messy eater and his shirts are rather tasty. When he didn't seem to appreciate that, I stomped all over Toast and launched myself at Bleeder to get them to feed me more. That worked. Lesson learned there.

Yesterday we went on a grand road trip to some place. 

First I allow my royal subjects a chance at seeing me in my glorious ride.

Then I take a nap, because car rides make me sleepy.


It was exciting. I got to meet and leap on new people, and investigate new places, and found a rather lovely parking lot that was prime for a healthy poo... easy clean up. The owner of the place has a tiny little dog that sounds an awful lot like one of my squeaky toys, so we didn't get to play, but the owner did show us a very lovely shaded pee and poo area up the street where she took her tiny squeaky toy to do her biz. There were birds... I like birds. I bet they're tasty.

Most of the day was spent waiting. Waiting is stupid. After I sniffed the entire waiting area and tried to lick the discarded dribbles of hand sanitizer off the floor, apparently NOT desired behavior, I was expected to sit and watch tv. Seriously, we could have just stayed home for that. The floor was nice and cool though, and once in a while someone would come in, look at me... hesitate, then gently walk well away from me. I think they were scared of me. I don't know why. I'm doing my best leaping and straining against my leash COME PET ME dance. Bleeder says I need to work on being more subtle. I have no idea what that is.

I think this is pretty subtle... stalking them from a distance.


I got to chew on my emotional support chicken. I have no idea how it's wing became detached, but ES Chicken disappeared. I'm assuming it's at the hospital getting a wingectomy. 


Finally my ride had been detailed and spiffied up because I can't be seen driving around in a ride that's dirty, and we drove home. I was exhausted from the heat and excitement and slept with my head in front of the cold air vent. 


Even when we got home I was exhausted and slept for a few hours until it was nearly bed time and then I was all refreshed and made Toast and Bleeder play with me, which they really love. 

By the way, here is one of my first pictures when I came here to live


and here's me today. Aren't I stunning!

In front of the GETOFFTHESTOVE

Comments

  1. That last photo looks like the human is lecturing / explaining what an excellent dog you are. We get that a lot here too. It sounds a lot like BLAH BLAH BLAH BORING BLAH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable! My "kids" used to eat up stuff, now Wolfie is not too interested now that he is a "senior," although I still think of him as a pupster! Enjoy your toys! PS - Wolfie says to bury the evidence the next time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment