Squirrels

 Hey, taking a break from the snow. Yes, it's snowing! It's not accumulating, but there's snow. I'll take what we can get seeing how it was in the 60's for two days.

Bleeder likes the warmer weather. We spent a lot of time sitting on the deck stalking the squirrels. Despite the fact that it's warm, Bleeder still suits up in her protective clothing because sharp claws and fangs, play rough, blood yadda yadda, whatever. Her protective clothing also makes her camouflaged and a perfect spotter for squirrels. She hates them as much as I do.

One time we walked out of the house to find TWO SQUIRRELS having a party on the deck. The chase was on and it was close, very close. Bleeder was cheering me on, especially when one squirrel couldn't decide which tree to run to and I could almost taste that fluffy tail.

The other time there was a squirrel on the fenced "NO NO POISON IVY CARPENTER ANTS EVERYTHING WILL KILL YOU" tree. The great thing about that tree is that the squirrels can't jump to other trees from it, so they're trapped if they go there and have to run to another tree to escape, plus they have to figure out how to get through the fencing. It slows them down JUST ENOUGH for me to narrowly get them. Very exciting!

Here is an attempt that was thwarted by the yappy neighbor dogs (I curse them)


Here is a squirrel just BRAZENLY sitting on the fence with its back to me... I made it clear that it wasn't wanted on the fence.


I see you up there!!!

Bleeder didn't feel well today because the weather makes her head explode, and then there was a slight "incident" this week where I happened to be jumping on the bed at the same time she was leaning over, and there was this crunching noise and blood, but she assures me that this was only the 6th time she's broken her nose, therefore I guess it's some kind of routine. That will teach her to lean over when I'm leaping. She's better now, and I got to lick her mac and cheese bowl clean.

Plus, today is clean sheets day AND PANCAKE SUNDAY!  Toast has discovered the secret to big, fluffy pancakes (something about egg whites, folding, blah blah, whatever) so today I got to share his maple syrup and butter covered fluffy pillowy pancakes.

Yes, I too would like pancake

He took his sweet time doling them out to me though

Um, hello... starving here!

Ahem... there's clearly two piece of my side that are getting cold...

When I'm not cleaning dishes, eating pancakes, changing the sheets, chasing squirrels, playing, eating my food, helping with laundry, or the myriad of other chores I perform around here... I get the skritches and watch tv with Bleeder.


Such a rough life I lead... oh and I got two new ring chasing things for outdoors... I love my ring chasing things... except now that I have two new ones, I like my ripped up foam ball better. Gotta keep them on their toes.



Have a good rest of the weekend.

Casey



Comments