What a Wacky Two Weeks

 Hey, yes, I'm still here, but my computer hasn't been so I couldn't blog.

This has been a wacky two weeks here in my house. Lightning struck something near us (it blowed up our neighbor's tree bark), and we had a pretty sparkly blue light show on the computer hub under the tv.

From there on, it's been nothing but non-stop fixing everything that got blowed up in the house and that required strangers coming in to fix or replace various and sundry things, and more scheduled for later.

My computer went to the shop and got picked up yesterday. Bleeder had to reinstall things and update things, and tweak things, and then spent time on the socials and I glared at her and reminded her it was blog time, so she's sitting on the couch pouting now.

One of the things that blowed up was the security system, so that got replaced and new and improved things. One of the new and improved things was the way that it announced that it was being armed. 

The old one just beeped a lot and then beeped faster and then stopped. That was fine.

The new one SCREECHES AND BEEPS AND FLASHES AND SCREAMS, WHOOPS, HOLLERS and that REALLY scared the crap out of me and I sang the song of my people. Thankfully Bleeder and Toast can monitor me, saw what happened and stopped the horrible cacophony and then I heard Bleeder calling to me from the ceiling that it was ok, and I was fine. I calmed down quickly and ate my kong goodie, but couldn't help thinking "why is Bleeder on the roof?" When only Toast came home, I made sure to stick real close to him in case that racket started again.

They have come and gone a few times since then and it hasn't made that noise again, so I'm getting more relaxed about the whole thing. I'm still miffed that I can't snoopervise the repair people though.

Bleeder's truck was in the shop since forever, and she was in a snit of epic proportions about that. When she finally got it back she was so happy and I wanted to celebrate its return with her, and I may have gotten a bit carried away and accidentally clawed her arm.

 I swear, she's got skin like wet toilet paper, I barely touched her. That may or may not have had anything to do with them taking me to go get my nails trimmed. They claim they made the appointment a week ago, but it's a bit too coincidental. Of course, as we came out of the house, Bleeder got her right index finger caught on the leash and it sawed off a big chunk of skin near the nail. Normally she carries a bag of bandaids, but since we were just running to the vet, she had to use her jeans. She's so embarrassing when we go out. Not only can't she match clothes, but there's usually blood, stains, and food on them.

Naturally I was adorable and well behaved at the vet, and they easily clipped my nails without a struggle or blood letting and then pranced back into the waiting room. I asked them to leave one dew claw with a sharp bit... just for special occasions, like when the existing 6 bandaids get healed and removed.

Right now I'm on day 2 of "I refuse to eat my kibble, please give me cheese or just canned food instead" strike. I can tell by the breakfast kibble still in my bowl and no treats that my kibble strike will be coming to an end quickly. 

That's about it for now. I continue to love the wonky dog door. Oh right, that's another thing that needs fixed because it was installed wrong and we're waiting for that to get fixed, but my part works perfectly... and I can easily bring in live cicadas!


  1. Karen E1:28 PM

    Having a crappy day, Penny. You made me smile BIG, missing eregular Blogs.


Post a Comment