I'm Not Giving Any of My Thanks

 Apparently this week was some kind of festive, food-related holiday where everyone is supposed to give "thanks". Frankly, I don't share any of my stuff well. It's mine. Toast and Bleeder take stuff from me, but I'm not happy about it, so I'm taking my Thanks and I'm keeping it... except for the part about turkey, that part was tasty.

The best position to capture falling turkeys

Somehow my leaf piles disappeared. It was shortly after Bleeder went outside and the machine made loud noises and she came in smelling like my leaf pile and I suspect she did something nefarious to my leaf pile. That's ok, because we had a lot of wind and the leaves are back in the yard. It's only a matter of time before they converge into another pile.

Shortly after this photo, the wheel exploded and the leaves migrated south

It's also now colder, and I really like the colder, but Bleeder doesn't seem to like colder and she puts on a heavy coat, gloves, a hat, ridiculous looking boots and that means I can attack her. At least that's my interpretation of her outfit. It is hideous. She doesn't seem to like it when I dash through the yard, leap up and attempt to steal the silly hat. On the bright side, with all of that fluff she's wearing, she bleeds less.

Ridiculous boots and look at those pajama bottoms!

The squirrels continue to haunt me. They are devious. I also feel that they've called in reinforcements because first it was 1 squirrel, then 2. Just today there was 5 squirrels in the yard. It's as if they are challenging me. Challenge accepted, but I may need to change up my sneaky strategy. It doesn't help that every time EVERY TIME I get into a good position and lull the squirrels into a false sense of security further into the yard and away from the trees, Bleeder comes STOMPING out of the house yelling "CASEY, where are you???" at the top of her lungs. I glare at her... all that work... for nothing.


The latest thing are the sniffs along the side and back fence. I do not know what tasty being is behind that wall, but it smells delicious and I want to rip it to shreds. Bleeder has peered through the tiny slats and pronounces that "nothing is back there", but she doesn't have the 7 miles of nose sensors like I do. There is something there, and I want a piece of it in my mouth. Not sure if it travels along the fence line, but there's something at the back fence too. It's like a little superhighway for tasty things. Tonight Bleeder was trying to wear me out (because they didn't take me for a walk because something about "it's too cold, we're old") and was throwing the fun wheel thing, but I was too interested in the fence line. The wheel is fun, but I'd rather chase something small, and furry, and tasty. Bleeder had to get a leash and drag me back inside. Now she's muttering something about "great, it's probably a raccoon or skunk, or a myriad of other tasty things". Ok, she didn't say "tasty" she said "horrible", and something about ER vet visits, and possibly human ER visits as the past two years have been (in her words) a dumpster full of poop on fire and she wouldn't rule out getting into a fist fight with a chupacabra. I don't know what that is, but I'm sure it's tasty and fun to chase.

I realize that for a holiday where we're supposed to feel thankful about stuff, I've done a lot of ranting, so..

I'm thankful for my new chasey wheel.

I'm thankful for the delicious fence sniffs.

I'm thankful that I have tasty salmon foodables.


I'm thankful that Bleeder doesn't mind contorting into awkward positions so that I can stretch out on her side of the bed.

I'm thankful that Toast makes me toast and stays home with me even though I can't bother him during "core hours" even though I still bother him during "core hours".

I'm thankful that Toast and Bleeder hold a chewbone for me.


I'm thankful for my walks, but I would be more thankful if they didn't clip a leash to my front so I can't pull them both down the street like a sled.

I'm thankful for a comfy couch and window to watch the world

I'm thankful for the tasty... I mean wonderful deck where I can supervise the neighborhood.


I'm thankful for landing in such a cushy gig with such pushovers that I get cheese for every stick and rock I bring to the door.

I'm thankful... except when they put that gate on the "hot" counter so I can't get the foodables on it.


I'm thankful

Casey



Comments