Ch Ch Ch Changes

 Can't a pup have a bit of routine? 

Sure, my meal times are spot on the clock morning, noon, and night.

My bedtime fluctuates, but is generally at a specific time and I get nightly bedtime treats and then the rough skritches. I love my bedtime routine.

BUT the general coming and going of the humans is willy nilly. The only way I know someone is leaving the house is whether or not they put on pants after they shower. Bleeder typically does this several times a week (and we won't speak of her horrible fashion sense), while Toast is hit or miss on comings and goings. The only way I know the shower doesn't mean leaving is if they put on the sleepy pants afterwards.

I'm very diligent about watching for these signs. I sit in the bedroom doorway and pout until the desired sleepy pants are put on.

Recently they even swapped my food. Granted, I was NOT crazy about the whole Salmon food stuffs. Never have been, never will. I don't like chicken either... actually chicken doesn't like me, which is why they swapped me to a "sensitive stomach" variety. I would think that my habit of eating just about anything should have proven that my stomach is not sensitive, more like particular in taste. I don't like fish. They tried to give me a shrimp as a treat. That is disgusting. Why would anyone eat that slimey fishy smelling thing.

Anyhoooo, I've been enjoying my beef and bison foodables and so has my stomach. Each time I poo, it's like I've left a special gift for Bleeder who praises my effort, and goes on and on about the size, weight, and perfect form coming out of my poo hole. She should really find another hobby.

She also thinks I'm much more frisky on the new food, and I do feel better while practicing to be a goal keeper for the Premier league.


I GOT IT!

Enough about my poo, I'm sure you are all waiting on the exciting announcement about my harness, that I promised to tell you all about.

I'm a bit... exuberant on my walks. I want to sniff everything all at once and there's no time to dilly, nor dally, I gotta keep moving. This means dragging Bleeder along with me, and frankly, my past harnesses were a bit restrictive in the neck area.

I have the gag reflex of something that has a really strong gag reflex, so every time I'd go for a walk, I would pull so hard, I'd end of gacking, choking, and puking. That's not fun, but did I learn to walk nicer? Heck no, I'd pull harder next time and gack and puke.

They tried quite a few harnesses and always the same result, so Bleeder reached out to some professionals.

All of them recommended the CTC Dog Gear harness.

The neck opening is wider, which puts the weight of pulling on the shoulder area, and not on the neck area, where it should be.

Owner Natalie actually makes gear for dogs that do actual work, and even supports the puppers who run races and do fun things, like pull their humans on carts or bicycles (I'd love to do that, but Bleeder and Toast are too frail).

Back to the harness... Bleeder ordered, Natalie responded immediately, advised her that based on Bleeder's wonky measurements (which Natalie made her do over because Bleeder is inept) that I would need a LARGE... because I'm leggy and statuesque, not because I'm fat.

Zippy quick, Natalie mailed out my harness (in teal... blue... it's a blue color) and it fit perfectly. It's very comfy too. So comfy that during our recent wind storm, I had to wear it in case (not sure what the case was, but the humans insisted) and I slept in it.


Sure, I still pull like a demon, but I don't gack and puke as much now. That only happens when Toast is not opening up the back door to my ride fast enough, or I see something I really REALLY want to get to immediately.

Bleeder and Toast really like the side mounted hooks too, because they can attach a leash there on either side or in the back, or both for added control and security.

I do not have any "action" shots of walking or riding in the X because (of course) Toast and Bleeder are rubbish about taking pictures on walks. Something about I move too fast, or Bleeder is being dragged on the ground (that would be a good picture honestly) or they are too busy watching out for idiot drivers racing down our road (that is a stop sign at that intersection you crazy whippersnapper kids get off my lawn, let me pull my pants up).

I'll try to get them to take pictures on our next walk, I promise.

Go and get yourself a CTC harness right now. Comfortable, stylish, functional (so far) escape proof, three connectors, easy on, easy off. Buy one. Your pup will thank you!


-Casey-


Comments