First New HULA Member of 2009: Sidney


Don't let this cute face fool you, Sidney is true HULA through and through, as demonstrated by the e-mails her human woman is posting to the human mail lists (recreated here with some editing with permission):

"17 hours total on the road with a young baby in the car I drove from Spokane to Salem on Sat to pick up my hand picked show puppy. All in all she is so far everything I was expecting of a puppy. She has
proved to be very intelligent and resourceful already. She is a climber it seems. I came home to my husband questioning where I put her before work. I told him in the x pen in the garage. After making sure I was positive that I put her in the x pen he told me he found her in the larger kennel with the two older dogs. After investigating I think she must have move the x pen over about 8 inches to the work bench where she then climbed the 4 foot tall x pen to the top of the work bench, crossed the bench and then dropped 4 feet (thankfully) into a large pile of shavings. She then had to get out through the dog door into the larger run outside where he found her. No telling how long she was out there but she is no less for wear. I know, I wanted a bold one and that she is to a T!"

And then there's:

"She has done it again! This time I came home to find her loose in the house! Thankfully she "used" the downstairs carpet that will be replaced this summer. I was feeling bad for them so I left them inside. I had taken them all into the vet in the morning and then had to work the rest of the day. I thought I would be smart and used a tarp with claps to discourage her from going over the top and to try to keep the shape of the x pen. Nope didn't even slow her down I think. The kicker was that she won't go up the stairs (split level house) anywhere- you have to carry her. But I come home to find her greeting me at the top of the stairs! She had to climb two half flights to get to where I found her. She was so happy to see me screaming the whole time!"

Although her human claims to be containing her in a crate now, I'm sure there will be more HULA adventures in this young pup's life.

Congratulations and welcome to the HULA Hoop Sidney.

Meeshka

Comments

  1. Oh yes!

    I rekhognized her pawtential after the furst message!

    Welkhome Young One!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Woo Queen Meeshka and Happy New Year to you.
    Could dis new pup be a female "Marley"? My maw tinks Nikita is one. He gittin' into trouble all da time.
    Congrats to da new pup on her furever home!

    Husky kisses,
    Biloxi

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you will have your paws full with this little one. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Sidney...from a hopeful HULA member(hint).

    Looks like a great member to the community

    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sydney sounds like a piece of work. Hope she can redirect some of that puppy energy to other things than driving her mom crazy.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a true Sibe. And a mighty cute one too.

    Congrats, Sidney.

    Woos, the OP Pack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well done Sidney! Welcome to the HULA hoop.

    Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

    Purrr S: I can't see any picture?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend needs to put a motion camera on that one. Those would be interesting and entertaining videos, I'm sure.

    Levi's mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. CongratWOOlations Sidney! WOO are so cute and we are so happy to hear woo are in the HULA HOOP!!

    WOOOO woo rar rar rar,
    Kayla and Maebe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww ~ Sidney is so so so CUTE !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa! Now that is one talented dog!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome Sydney! What a cutie, no one will suspect her....

    Woos & a-roos,
    Star & Jack

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment